About this Blog

Making tomorrows Military today

The ramblings from someone in military seeing things for how they are in Illinois and nationally.

More about me!

Site Feeds

RSS 2.0 Syndication
Atom Feed Syndication



Snag a button and link to me!



Daily Reads

Eric Zorn
The Peoria Pundit
Snugg Harbor
Stop the ACLU
Gun-Toting Liberal
Balance of Power
Wizbang!
Electric Bugaloo
Ogre's View
Captain's Quarters
The OK Democrat

Military Blogs

Jack Army
Mudville Gazette
Patroit Voices
Urban Grounds
Vulture's Row
Black Five
Heidi Says
Gold Falcon Blog
Sailor in the Desert

Prev | List | Random | Next
Join

IL Neighbor Blogs

Arm Chair Genius
IlliniPundit
Little Blog on the Prairie
Blogging Blago's Blunders
Peoria TV Stations
Edge of the Swamp
Obiter Dictum
Liberty Just in Case

Blogrolling Links

Blogroll Me!

Recent

A little miffed
Star Jones freaking sucks!
Lets play a familiar song... Social security!
Working on President's Day
First one

Archives

February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005

Traffic Exchanges

Blog Exchange
Blog Soldiers
Blog Clicker
BlogaZoo
Blog Explosion

Tagboard




Shameless Plug





Contact



Monday, February 28, 2005

Last day of the month

For all of you in recruiting out there, Happy Mission day!

I have a new recruiter. He is not from the area. What does this mean to us? Well, not only does he not really know how to recruit yet, I have to teach him the lay of the land too. I am not too terribly happy about that, but I am not from the area either, so the guy that trained me had to deal with the same thing.

I did not get to think about too much today in the way of blogging. Hell, I did not even go out for lunch today. It was two sandwiches and a diet coke for me.

Did you ever just hit a point in your life where your tastes just change on a dime? I am a moderator on a major car website. I was a board member of a local car club. I was an adenine for a small website. Then, from December to I would guess February 1, my tastes changed. No longer was I even remotely interested in Car Clubs anymore. I still love cars. I just hate the idea of clubs now. To put it in engineering/ car terms I was the propulsion/ engine of the club. Others were the steering to what I did. It became a pain in the ass when I became the propulsion and the steering. I do not have any experience in the corporate world, but I really hope it is not like my experience with this car club. Backstabbing, setting people up for failure, placing too much pressure on someone for no reason. If it is, I may not want to get into the real world.

I made this observation to one of my ex-board members and he put the blame directly on one member. I tend to agree with him. It made me really concentrate more on my leadership and leading tactics. The military would call me a "coach" mentor/leader. I like showing you how to do the job, yet remain the system expert and you always know where to go when you have questions. Ask a lot of questions and demand high quality. This is usually good, but really bad on your junior people that are not so junior. I have a junior guy now in my office; so it will not be such a big deal to him. However, in 6-10 months, he will need a new leadership style from me.

The new guy is older than me, but has less rank than I do. The weird part is that he came in the military the same age that I am now as a matter of fact. I do not really know how to take that one. It makes me feel good that I move up the latter so fast, but It put me in a predicament that the military does not do that often. Oh well, I am not complaining.

Tonight is payday for me. I hope that I am able to pay off a big deal to me this week. Maybe I can. I feel like the little engine that could... I think I can... I think I can...

Wish me luck!

©2005 Militant Pundit


Blog counter - free blog (homepage / website) visitor hit tracking and statistical system