About this Blog

Making tomorrows Military today

The ramblings from someone in military seeing things for how they are in Illinois and nationally.

More about me!

Site Feeds

RSS 2.0 Syndication
Atom Feed Syndication



Snag a button and link to me!



Daily Reads

Eric Zorn
The Peoria Pundit
Snugg Harbor
Stop the ACLU
Gun-Toting Liberal
Balance of Power
Wizbang!
Electric Bugaloo
Ogre's View
Captain's Quarters
The OK Democrat

Military Blogs

Jack Army
Mudville Gazette
Patroit Voices
Urban Grounds
Vulture's Row
Black Five
Heidi Says
Gold Falcon Blog
Sailor in the Desert

Prev | List | Random | Next
Join

IL Neighbor Blogs

Arm Chair Genius
IlliniPundit
Little Blog on the Prairie
Blogging Blago's Blunders
Peoria TV Stations
Edge of the Swamp
Obiter Dictum
Liberty Just in Case

Blogrolling Links

Blogroll Me!

Recent

New format!
Children left behind find comfort in failing tests
Freaking white Supremacists
Last day of the month
A little miffed
Star Jones freaking sucks!
Lets play a familiar song... Social security!
Working on President's Day
First one

Archives

February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005

Traffic Exchanges

Blog Exchange
Blog Soldiers
Blog Clicker
BlogaZoo
Blog Explosion

Tagboard




Shameless Plug





Contact



Saturday, March 05, 2005

If I could kick someone's ass

This guy would be it. First off, let me premise this by saying that I try to prepare my Delayed Entry Program Personnel (the guys and girls that are waiting to go into the Military but cannot leave yet because there is not a slot at Boot Camp for them) the best that I can. I do not lie to them. I tell them how to get everything out of the Military. It is up to them to take it.

From this website that is linked above, Ron Jacobs titles it "Lies military recruiters tell" and starts off telling a story about a counterpart in the Army mass e-mailing (perfectly legal, BTW, I have done it as well) a student list from a university. In the e-mail it speaks of a program we call the "College Loan Repayment Program". This program pays off 33% of your college loans the first year you are in the military, 33% the second, and 33% the third. It pays off all loans up to $65,000. This program is only if you go enlisted. If you are talking Officer Programs, this is not a program we can sell, nor do we. It is guaranteed on a contract, along with your "ship date" (Boot Camp start date, for those of you in Rio Linda), your job, and (if any) bonuses you have. No ifs, ands or buts.

How many of you are in telemarketer jobs? Well, mine is kind of a telemarketer job at times. I have the Solomon Act (not amendment as the asshat Jacobs calls it) that allows me to contact people to get them into the military, and the federal Do-not call list does not apply to me. The No Child Left Behind Act allows me to go into every high school and college and get a list of names and phone numbers. Most schools supply addresses as well, which helps. I have an obligation to contact at least 85% of them. Guess what, kids want to join the military. They may not want to join a particular branch, but at least 20-30 percent want to join. Most of those kids cannot pass one of the Basic Enlistment sections (mental, moral, physical). On average, most kids who really want to join out of high school seek us out and say they are joining. We put in HS Seniors starting at the beginning of the 11-12 summer. I usually have my list of people set up to join about 3 months out for summer. All of them are HS seniors.

How many of you have "handshake" jobs? Where your job entails you get out of the office, meet people and do business that way? Another part of a recruiter. You will see us on college campuses. I have been called a baby killer before. (Funny story: I spun around, found the little moonbat lib PROFESSOR who called me that. I ask: "sir, what political party do you affiliate with?" Him: "I am a democrat." Me: " Do you believe in Abortion?" Him: moonbat drivel "yes" me: "well you are more of a babykiller than I am." I walk away. I got called to the Headquarters the next day to explain that one. Apparently he got a little pissed. But I won. I think..) I have a right to be there. I pay IL taxes. I can be there. Asshat, I pay for your electricity.

Jacobs then goes on a rant saying how not many schools give the ASVAB anymore. In Chicago alone, Yahoo says that there are 179 high schools. I bet it is probably less, around 120, so lets use 150 for arguments sake. Boston and Chicago are pretty close in size... Big at a bare minimum. 30 of those schools gave the ASVAB last year. 30/150= 20%. This year 19/150= 13% Big Shit. I have 28 high schools. Only 3 of them test. 3/28= 11%. Poor Boston. Cry me a freaking river! We actually do not use the ASVAB as a recruiting tool. We use the ASVAB as a way of kicking people off the list of people we have to call. If they are idiots, yay, I don't need to call them to find out if they are idiots. News Flash: recruiters also use yearbooks to find out who is overweight, use those magazines they give out at football games to nail who is overweight, the web to find out who has a criminal past, etc. We are a sly group. We do not like to waste our time.

"Don't ask, Don't tell" policy of the military. We have it. NEWS FLASH: The Gay thing is over. We don't need an gay marriage ban anymore. No one cares anymore. Queer eye has jumped the shark. It is happening everywhere. Ok, in today's culture, I admit, we are a bit more tolerant when it comes to gay folks. But in the military, we go a little beyond the normal meeting someone on the street. We have open showers in boot camp, multiple showers in the same area on ships and submarines, no showers in some cases on the battlefield, etc. We bond, as men, like a fraternity. The Navy says that their E-7 to E-9 Chief's Community as the "most exclusive fraternity". Frankly, I do not know if I would feel comfortable going on a deployment knowing that I had to go with someone who has "homosexual tendencies". That is more what we fear than actual penetration fears. These tendencies are what have been called "metrosexuality", being prissy, having to do more work because the man that you are expecting to physically work as hard as you do not putting forth the effort. I am making generalized statements here. I know. I don't care. This is my opinion based on the few gay fellows I have known in my day.

Now this site is right up on my list of people who need an ass kicking. Congrats Lindie England. You F*cked up Military Recruiting Forever. I am not going to bore you all with more pic from the prisoner questioning. I bet I could sell this asshole into the Military. Yeah, I am cocky.

Taped Formula 1 Australian GP qualifying is on. See you guys later.
MP

©2005 Militant Pundit


Blog counter - free blog (homepage / website) visitor hit tracking and statistical system